Terms and conditions for Alii
The service "Alii" is offered over the internet by the company Alii BV. The use of Alii is subject to the below terms and conditions. Using Alii constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Deviations from these terms and conditions is possible only by means of written confirmation by Alii BV.
Article 1. Use of the service
- The service Alii allows you to A platform to review medical scientific literature and extract findings from articles.
- To use Alii, you first need to register. After completing registration, Alii BV will verify whether your application is to be approved or not. You will be notified about the decision.
- You must secure access to your account using the username and password against third parties. In particular you must keep the password strictly confidential. Alii BV may assume that all actions undertaken from your account after logging in with your username and password is authorized and supervised by you. This means you are liable for these actions, unless and until you have notified Alii BV that someone else knows your password.
- Alii processes your personal data. You give your consent for all forms of processing within the scope of the service. Consult the privacy statement of Alii BV for more information.
- Alii does not bear any responsibility regarding the safety, quality or correctness of the reviews written on the platform.
- It it is not permitted to use Alii for any purpose that violates Dutch, Norwegian or other applicable law or regulation. This includes (among others) the storage or transmission of data using the service that is slanderous, libelous or racist
- In addition, on Alii it is forbidden to publish information in violation of copyright or hyperlinks to such information and or exercise commercial activities;
and to do anything that violates applicable netiquette.
- Should Alii BV discover that you violate any of the above, or receive a complaint alleging the same, then Alii BV may intervene to end the violation.
- If in the opinion of Alii BV the continued functioning of the computer systems or network of Alii BV or third parties is actually or under threat of being damaged or jeopardized, for example through excessive transmission of e-mail or other data, leaks of personal data or virus activity, Alii BV may take all steps it deems reasonably necessary to end or avert such damage or jeopardy. Alii BV in particular is entitled to change your contributions at its own discretion.
- Alii BV is at all times entitled to file a criminal complaint for any offenses committed through or using the service.
Article 3. Availability and maintenance
- Alii BV guarantees an uninterrupted availability of 99.9%, except for force majeure.
- Alii BV actively maintains Alii. Maintenance can take place at any time, even if this may negatively impact the availability of the service. Maintenance is announced in advance whenever possible.
- Alii BV may from time to time adapt Alii. Your feedback and suggestions are very welcome and used whenever possible, but ultimately Alii BV decides which adaptations to carry out (or not).
Article 4. Intellectual property
- The service Alii, the accompanying software as well as all information and images on the website is the intellectual property of Alii BV. None of these items may be copied or used without prior written permission of Alii BV, except and to the extent permitted by mandatory law.
- Information you store or process using the service is and remains your property (or the property of your suppliers or licensors).
- In exceptional circumstances where a serious reason calls for it, Alii BV may decide to adapt or remove the information.
- If you send information to Alii BV, for example a bug report or suggestion for improvement, you grant Alii BV a perpetual and unlimited license to use this information for the service. This does not apply to information you expressly mark as confidential.
- Alii BV shall refrain from accessing data you store or transfer using Alii, unless this is necessary for a good provision of the service or Alii BV is forced to do so by law or order of competent authority. In these cases Alii BV shall use its best efforts to limit access to the information as much as possible.
- In case Alii BV discovers your contributions have been copied by third parties in combination with contributions of others, then Alii BV is authorized to take legal action against such copying under its own or your name. All costs must be borne by Alii BV but you must offer your cooperation if necessary. This clause does not forbid you from publishing your contributions elsewhere but is aimed at allowing Alii BV to act against copying of (substantially) all contributions to Alii.
Article 5. Limitation of liability
- Except in case of intentional misconduct or gross negligence Alii BV shall not be liable for the use of the service or any damages in connection therewith.
- Alii BV in no event is liable for indirect damages, consequential damages, lost profits, missed savings or damages through business interruption.
- Damages may only be claimed if reported in writing to Alii BV at most two months after discovery.
- In case of force majeure Alii BV is never required to compensate damages suffered by you. Force majeure includes among others disruptions or unavailability of the internet, telecommunication infrastructure, power interruptions, riots, traffic jams, strikes, company disruptions, interruptions in supply, fires and floods.
Article 6. Term and termination
- This agreement enters into force as soon as you first use the service and then remains in force until terminated.
- If you entered into this agreement as a consumer, you may terminate the agreement at any time with a notice period of one month, calculated from the moment of the notice. Non-consumers can terminate the agreement with a notice period of two months.
Article 7. Changes to terms
- Alii BV may change or add to these terms and conditions as well as any prices at any time.
- Alii BV shall announce through the service changes or additions at least thirty days before their taking effect.
- If you do not want to accept a change or addition, you can terminate the agreement until the date the changes take effect. Use of Alii after the date of effect shall constitute your acceptance of the changed or added-to terms and conditions.
Article 8. Miscellaneous provisions
- Dutch law applies to this agreement.
- Except to the extent determined otherwise by mandatory applicable law all disputes arising in connection with Alii shall be brought before the competent Dutch court for the principal place of business of Alii BV.
- For any clause in these terms and conditions that demand that a statement must be done "in writing" to be legally valid, a statement by e-mail or communication through the Alii service shall be sufficient provided with sufficient certainty the authenticity of the sender can be established and the integrity of the statement has not been compromised.
- The version of any communication of information as recorded by Alii BV shall be deemed to be authentic, unless you supply proof to the contrary.
- In case any part of these terms and conditions are declared legally invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the whole of the agreement. The parties shall in such an event agree on one or more replacement provisions that approximate the original intent of the invalid provision(s) within the limits of the law.
- Alii BV is entitled to transfer its rights and obligations under this agreement to a third party as part of an acquisition of Alii or the associated business activities.